5.1.11

A-ha Moment

Do you ever have one of those amazing moments of realization??  A sudden instant of clarity?

I was washing my face this morning when an A-ha moment struck me like a bolt of lightening.  For the first time in my life, I realized my purpose.  The destiny that I am meant to create for myself finally became clear.  I rinsed the suds of my face as quickly as I could and rushed to tell my boyfriend the news.  I couldn't BBM my parents fast enough about it, either.  I can honestly say that I have never felt more confident about something in my life (although I will be keeping the exact details to myself for now, since it's still in the whole early-development stage).

The coolest part about all of this though, isn't just that I was able to reach that awesome epiphany, but how I was able to get to that point.

My life is really good right now (I have a good job that pays me well, a loving family, an amazing boyfriend), but I have been feeling a bit lost.  While most of the kids I went to high school with are graduating and going on to start their careers and embrace their talents, I'm still trying to figure out what it is I'm actually good at.  Let me rephrase that... I'm kind of good at a lot of things; I'm still trying to figure out what I'm GIFTED at.  My attempts to pursue these little things that I'm "okay" at always end in either boredom or disappointment.   A few days ago, I woke up one morning feeling more lost and sad about my future than ever.  I got out of bed and set up my alter and did a little impromptu ritual for clarity and guidance.  I poured all of my sadness, my frustration, my anger, my disappointment into it.  It was amazingly therapeutic and I felt like the weight of my discontent had been lifted off of my chest immediately.


So, with that moment of clarity this morning also came a moment of satisfaction: the realization that a ritual that I performed in perfect love and perfect trust was successful.


Such a beautiful thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment