17.1.11

I'm In Love

"wine is constant proof that god loves us and loves to see us happy"
-benjamin franklin

back tracking a little, 4th of july weekend 2010, i was awakened at an ungodly hour from an all night adventure in san diego to attend a wine class for work. in the class, when i wasn't focused on my bagel and coffee, i listened to one of our alcohol reps discuss different types of wine and how to properly serve and taste. granted that we all left this class slightly buzzed, i feel like that window to this love affair was definitely opened.

for a while, i forgot about about that beautiful creature and carried on with my usual lovers. stella, don julio, goose, the captain... always so good to me. i felt as though i would never need anything else. and then, my mother and her husband invited chardonnay to dinner. she was soft and sweet. very polite and smooth. but, she left me wanting more. cue thanksgiving. there she was again. this time, we carried on together a bit more. she sent me into this feeling of comfort. i was falling in love.

before i knew it, it was a norm in my life. sangria, reisling, merlot, shiraz... they all loved me. and i loved them. so here i am, in this 4 month long relationship with vino. we spend nearly every evening together. whether it's on my shag carpet with the black keys, on a big bed with a boy in san diego, out to dinner with friends... i promise to never leave her. i'm thinking of proposing on valentine's day. i would love for you to make it to the wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment